Sunday, May 3, 2009

Time to take action...

Pain is difficult to describe. The doctor always wants to know where it lands on a scale of 1-10; 10 being the worst of course. The problem is that different kinds of pain register differently and this latest pain is nothing I've experienced before. It's as though my body feels the pain before my brain registers that it is pain.

It woke me up this morning; the neck of my shirt and my hair were damp with sweat and it felt as though there was a large knife slowly twisting deep within my hip. It hurst to walk, sit or lie down. There isn't a position that is better or that provides relief. At 6 a.m. with everyone else asleep I took some ibuprofin and came out to the living room in hopes of finding some distraction through reading or watching tv. Thought about trying to write at that point but couldn't stay in one position very long since the pain makes me so restless. Waited 40 minutes before deciding to take a Vicadin also. By 10:00 the pain was bearable but not gone so took another Vicadin. Pain started to creep back about 11:30 so took ibuprofin. Should be able to keep it under control the rest of the day with ibuprofin as long as I take it every four hours.

I am going to compose a letter to both general doc and my gynocologist. I think we need to be taking some sort of action - things are difinately getting worse. This is one of those times when I really just feel like grazing. have already eaten more than should today. Ordered pizza last night for dinner and had left over. Had a couple pieces of that and a bowl of cereal. Going to Karen's this afternoon; I guess she has chilli for us. I'm going to read up on endometriosis some more and see if there is more that i could be doing. It would be so nice if I had the ability to put all the things in place to help me get healthy. A treadmill and/or bicycle for exercise, shoes for working out, and then the energy to actually workout would be nice. John wants me to have a bicycle but I want something I can use when the weather isn't good or on days when we don't have time to take to bikes out.

On top of it all, it has now been decided that I will be moving to a different school within the district next school year. This actually is a good move since it will be the first time I will be in complete control of my own classroom and program. I have always either been part of a department (high school) or part of a teaching team. This time I will be establishing a learning center program on my own. I will have two instructional assistants and there is a speach & language therapist on site so I am not 'on my own' literally - I will have lots of support and the teacher I am replacing has done an excellent job laying the ground work. I'm going to start a wish lish though for DonorsChoose.org of all those little things that make a classroom organized.

Time to go look up a few things before we have to head over to Karen's I should have time to write again tonight - I need to figure out when and how often I am going to do weigh-ins. Until later--write mroe, eat less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.