Saturday, June 20, 2009

Adding to the routine

After the second meeting with the trainer I took Krys with me to the gym. She used the treadmill with me and then watched as I worked on the machines. I had told her about J having me use the more difficult ab machine. Can't remember it's name but you sit with hands hold bars behind ears and lift legs as you cruch toward your knees. Anyway...she wanted to know which one it was so pointed it out and someone was using it. He was making it look easy so she made comment about it not seeming that hard. I had to show her of course (that competative spirit took over!) that it wasn't easy but mom could do it! Pushed myself to hard and irritated an area on my left side that acts up now and then. I'm pretty sure it is my endometriosis and/or scar tissue from the surgeries (c-section, fybroidectomy and hysterectomy). If I move, cough or sneeze wrong I will sometimes feel this ripping sensation that is quick; like you've been stabbed. Then it will throb for a time, sometimes it is enough that I will take something. This time it was enough I thought it best to lay low until it, at least, wasn't tender to the touch.

My third day with J was yesterday and I explained why I had postponed our appointment. He aggreed it was likely that machine. He decided to show me some additional machines that would work on the muscles in and around that area. He also lowered the weight and reps on the ab machine and stressed again that I need to increase reps not weight. He ended up cutting our time short and scheduling me for another day next week. He said he wanted another day to make sure I was comfortable with the new machines. I went back up and did more cardio to finish out my hour before going home. I feel ok today; the area is sore and I can feel it every now and then. I'm planning on working out tomorrow but only doing cardio.

It feels good to be 'feeling' my body. Sore muscles remind you that you have more work to do and ensure that you do it because two days rest means stiffer muscles! Need to get ready for bed. Good night!

Work hard to please Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.