Saturday, September 26, 2009

WIG...the nitty gritty

Welcome to my first Week in a Glance (WIG). I've decided on Friday's to try and post a quick recap of my week - the highlights so to speak.

Monday - work went as good as could be expected considering the wrench that was thrown into my schedule. I managed to rework things though and have the required groups of students, for the expected amount of time, receiving the leveled instruction they need.

Tuesday-worked out small kinks in schedule and prepared materials for new groups. Kry's back to school night did not go well. New principal leaves much to be desired in leadership and people skills. Am even more convinced we need to change schools. Hate to do that her Jr. year though so will not make decision until after visiting other school.

Wednesday- At work the new groups worked out ok, transition hasn't been exactly smooth but it is working. New principal of Kry's school was fired and old principal reinstated. Kry was unsure of possible new school, intimidated by size.

Thursday - took day off to deal with getting paperwork together for possible transfer but ended up meeting with new/old principal to get feel for what will be happening. District is going to form committee of parents, teachers and get student input for what to look for in new principal. New superintendant moved very quickly to rectify problem, admitting they had moved too quickly. Feeling much better about leaving her there - will stay for now and see how things are at semester. Mom in law dropped off printer, ink and paper - I have a printer for my classroom!!!!! woohoo!!!

Friday - TGIF. Work day went well. All groups ran smoothly and I think things will iron out and level off. Now just have to finish getting room organized to my liking and get the required testing done so we can get back to the academics. Kry's haired turned out very nice for homecoming dance. Mom still knows how to use a blow-dryer! Her emotional ups/downs are back and she almost came home early today but by time I saw message she was ok and willing to stay.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I love your WIG-concise and full of info! And thanx for your comments over there on WordPress. I tried to leave you a reply but it wouldn't allow it. All the better for me, or I may not have stopped by today.
    You have been such an unfailing friend over the Internet and I really want to thank you sincerely.
    Enough of that!
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I remember what I REALLY wanted to say...I think I rafted the Columbia as a young one, it was gorgeous. WordPress wouldn't let me reply such a thing, claiming that "...you have already commented this." I guess you aren't allowed to use 'Columbia' in both the comment and the reply. Whatever.
    Anyhoo, all those apples sound magical-what a memory!
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.