Thursday, September 10, 2009

On the scale again...





My new exercise partner------------------------------>


I may not have gone to the gym over the summer like planned or try out any classes but I did manage to start exercising. The new addition to our family requires periodic walks around the block in addition to two or three longer walks. Although now that we can go to the park she generally only requires an evening jaunt. Tonight we went down to the river and walked the trails, stopping at a boat launch to let Mercedes play in the water.



I have started back to the gym. Kry and I went yesterday and will be going again tomorrow. I weighed myself to get another starting point and discovered I have lost weight. Thank you Mercedes! My weight, tonight, was 212 which means I've lost another 5 pounds since my last weigh-in.


It's past my computer curfew but had to post since it's been a while on here. I've posted some things on other blog where I post poems, prose, quotes and other misc. pieces I've written and feel like sharing.


I'll be back this weekend to share reflections from this week.

2 comments:

  1. Dogs are great exercise buddies... but I do have to convince my chihuahua that she would not like to run 5km with me at 6:30am in the morning. She really thinks she would like to come, but I can see myself running with her under my arms about half way through the run. We may not even get that far! Maybe I need a bigger dog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mental picture!I'm working on building Mercedes stamina right now. We made around our course last night - me at a brisk walk, her jogging without stopping but for a sniff or two. My hubby wants her to be able run with him when he rides his bike.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.