Sunday, April 26, 2009

A little more info...

Well, here I am again. The urge to get some food struck so thought I better get to writing. It has been about 4 hours since eating last and it would be ok to eat a snack but I want to stop the habit of just jumping up and giving in immediately to the craving. Not that I'm even craving anything in particular - just feel like eating. Not sure why - bored to some degree I guess. Have things I need to do but don't feel like doing them. Laundry is in a huge pile in the bedroom and needs to be carried to the garage and sorted. Since I have to go to work tomorrow I really need to start a load as well. This brings me to my other 'new beginning'. Mom gave me two of the books written by the Slob Sisters: Sidetracked Home Executives & I don't remember the title of the other one. I'll post it later when I locate the book. Anyway, they talk about organizing your life and creating a schedule. Part of their program is to create 'job cards' for various tasks that need to be completed on daily, weekly, monthly and a yearly basis. I have used their ideas and considered my own families needs and created a system of my own. I even decorated the box to keep the 3X5 cards in to make it more appealing. My hope is that the family will buy into this and it will hopefully help to make things run a little smoother around the house. It's more a matter of actually getting things done. I'm pretty sure there are several different lists that I have started showing all the things we have needed to do since we move into this place 6 months ago. We three are a bunch of procrastinators and something has to give. I can't take the clutter, the dirt, the fighting or being fat and over weight anymore. It's time for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.