Monday, May 23, 2016

Memories & Truth

It's been a long time since a posted anything on any of my three blogs...I actually forgot I had started 3!  What was I thinking?! I have now consolidated them into this one. While going through the process of folding them in together I reread or skimmed all of my posts. There are several I don't even remember writing; others the memories are still vivid.

I was so lost for so long...in an emotional wasteland that was swallowing me whole; like a whirlpool, spinning out of control. What I didn't realize then was that it was just a roller coaster ride and I had a choice; a choice to stay on for the ride or get off and try something different. Eventually, I did realize there was a choice and that I could get off. When I stepped of the roller coaster I chose to follow the narrow path of Christ's calling. Since stepping back on that path He has been faithful in His promise to carry on to completion the good work that he started in me. (Philippians 1:6)

 Does my faith bring me wealth? no. Does my faith bring me fame? no. Does my faith provide me a life free of trials? no. In fact, my faith and desire to stand firm on the foundation of the Christ has put me in the battle field. I have had to suit up in the armor of God on a daily basis; battling attacks that were mental, physical and emotional. In spite of all the trials life has brought I have a peace that surpasses understanding because I am able to lay my burdens at the feet of the almighty God.

The best part?! He promises that there is a purpose in it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly have a purpose in God's plan. James says:  "Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:2-4) As for that endurance; in Hebrews I have learned that I must "lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares (me)....and run with endurance the race that lies before (me), keeping (my) eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of (my) faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne." (Hebrews 12:1b-2)

I will continue to deny myself, take up my cross daily and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23) so that  in the end I can say "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will me on that day, and not only me, but to all those who have loved His appearing." (2 Timothy 4:3)

FROGGED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.