Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thoughts before bed...

One of the many things that God has impressed upon my heart in the last few months is the fact that as a follower of Christ I am called to share my faith. Yes, there are people that find their way into a church on their own but there are many more out there who are seeking but don't know where to even look. A simple smile and friendly invitation to visit church might open a door that wouldn't have been opened otherwise.

Street Evangelism - those words used to strike fear in my heart along with thoughts like - "only those churches do that" or "what is the use of doing that? If they want to come to church, they will come to church."

Tonight, I became one of 'those people' standing outside a local business asking strangers if they would take my flyer and consider visiting my church. Some willingly took the flyer while others quickly rejected even the thought of touching the paper I extended in their direction. The beautiful part about the night came when I realized I was approaching people without fear and when the random rejections occurred there was no twinge within my heart of personal rejection - my confidence grew with each extension of my hand and quiet invitation. To add to my experience I witnessed other members of NorthCity praying with individuals and had the pleasure of listening to Pastor Eli share the gospel with a young man. We put into action the mission statement of NorthCity to 'Win the lost, disciple the saved and send others to do the same.' We went out to win the lost, I was discipled in the process and as my confidence grows I will be able to disciple others.

Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.