Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Action Plan

It's Tuesday and the end of the month is just around the corner, which means school will be starting soon. July is THE summer month and it's almost just a memory. I haven't accomplished much of what I wanted to get done but have accomplished things I hadn't even considered doing. My last major post consisted of a complete life/medical history to date. I did see the NP yesterday and have started the ball rolling so to speak. She agreed to send me for alergy testing. I'll get that done on Friday - I have to be without any allergy medicine for 7 days before being tested. This will help guide my 'diet' choices in the future. I essentially want to make sure that I am aware of any food allergies that might contribute to the overall health issue.


There are just a few basic things that need to be changed in order to have a better overall outcome. I need to improve my sleep, stress levels, exercise and eating habits. I've had a basic plan of attack in my head but have not confirmed it any way so lets see what it looks like on paper shall we?


SLEEP - getting to sleep is difficult and I rarely get any more that 6 hours a night. I function much better on 8+ and always have. I no longer have any excuses except my own stubbornness. There are several things that tend to keep me up late - putting things off to the last minute, browsing/playing on computer, watching a show, not feeling tired. As much as JT may hate it - I need to be on a schedule that provides me with more sleep. In part it involves managing my time better overall. There are certain things I want to do on a daily basis and in order to accomplish this feat I need to set time limits.



STRESS LEVELS - exercise & sleep will help. Try yoga and/or Tai Chi. Journal work stuff & create action plans. Save money for massages.


EXERCISE - Krys and I are going to work out after school each day at gym. Saving money for bike to ride with JT. Walk dog. Belly dancing.


Eating habits is its own issue to be addressed at another time. Other things I want to accomplish regularly if not daily are: reading, beading, sewing, gardening, writing, photography and blogging. These are all things I really enjoy doing but don't because I am plopped on the couch zoned out and feeling too tired to even think about doing anything.






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.