Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thoughts...

Weight loss; true weight loss does not have to involve ups & downs.  TSFL has provided me the opportunity to really compare fat me to thinner me because it has happened so quickly.  Here are a few of the thoughts/things I've noticed along the way.

**Veins are more noticeable/prominent on my legs and arms
**Just 10 pounds was enough for my feet to stop hurting, joints to stop aching
**I have knee caps!
**Pants get longer as you lose weight or I'm getting shorter. 
Next day:
**Ooh, there's less around my waist, hips, thighs = material not as stretched out = 'shorter' legs or 'longer' pants.
**You know how you're supposed to have ribs & hip bones?  I thought I had lost mine but I found them again!!
**My ring is no longer impossible to remove
**You really do gain/lose weight EVERY where!!
**Walking Mercedes the other day I realized how free my body felt; my thighs weren't rubbing together, arms swung free and only the appropriate parts jiggled.
**I think I might readjust my goal - this is way easier than I thought it would be!!
**My self-esteem has increased with every pound lost
**Change is not as scary as I thought it would be; it hasn't been easy and the battle isn't over but it sure feels good to be in the field...

I held back for years due to my fear of 'rocking the boat'; making excuses, treading water rather than swimming.  My one regret at this point is that it took as long as it did for me to really commit to change.  I know what was holding me back, what's holding you back?

1 comment:

  1. Oh good for you. Don't look back with regret. Look forward to your new and fantabulous life! :))

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear what you have to say so leave a word or two before you go.